Tuesday, October 8, 2013

we love Paris

The day started off a little dubiously...good morning Van Bowles
 And then it was off into the heart of Paris on the Hop On Hop Off bus to see the sights. And we sure did see some sights. First stop was Notre Dame Cathedral. I fell in love with this building when I was just 18 years old and visited Paris. Today I fell in love all over again. It is truly one of the most beautiful buildings I have seen - inside and out. Hey Rob, check out those flying buttresses!
 Although there were many people inside you could feel the reverence that the visitors had for this special building. We sat for a very long time in silence and awe at the beauty around us.
 I find it hard to hold back my tears when I visit such beautiful buildings and places and today was no different. I always feel so lucky that we are able to see the world and visit these gorgeous places. We lit a candle here today for someone special.
 After leaving Notre Dame we walked along the Seine and then caught the boat along to.....
 this place! Bonjour Le Tour Eiffel!
 Another awe inspiring structure, which towers over the city (no pun intended!)
 Lunch on the street right next to Notre Dame - cafe latte, baguettes, pate and a great view!
 I really need to lose this boy somewhere....but he just keeps following me!
Until tomorrow....xx

No comments: